Detroit is the largest city in the U.S. state of Michigan, and this video will tell you 11 things to know about visiting Detroit. After recently overcoming bankruptcy and hard times, Detroit is on the rise as a popular tourist destination even making top lists as a travel destination in Lonely Planet. From the great food, sights, sports teams, and museums to the safety of visiting downtown Detroit, this guide will help anyone who is interested in visiting the Motor City. From many areas in the city, you can observe the great skyline of the different skyscrapers especially the Renaissance Center, home to the headquarters of General Motors (GM).
Here are the topics I explore in this video:
1. Getting to Detroit – Detroit Metro Airport, Freeways
2. Getting Around Detroit – Detroit People Mover, QLine
3. Food – Coney islands, Slows Bar BQ, Greektown, etc.
4. Things to Do – Renaissance Center, Hart Plaza, Spirit of Detroit statue
5. Theatres and Venues – Fox Theatre, The Fillmore Detroit, Detroit Opera House, Masonic Temple
6. Museums – Detroit Institute of Arts, Motown Museum
7. Hotels and Casinos – Greektown Casino, MGM Grand Casino, Motor City Casino
8. Parks – Detroit Riverfront, Campus Martius Park, Grand Circus Park
9. Sports – Detroit Tigers, Detroit Lions, Detroit Pistons, Detroit Red Wings
11. Going Outside Detroit
Please feel free to leave a comment to talk about your experiences in Detroit as well as some different tips which I did not discuss!
Check out some of my Travel Delights videos where I visit some restaurants in Detroit:
American Coney Island: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lhn0Ns0drgk
Lafayette Coney Island: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCZbaRvKwS0
Slows Bar BQ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpwimyIbsWM
Check out my Detroit Metro Airport guide videos:
McNamara Terminal – A Quick Guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQ4oEwliTaw
Detroit Metro Airport Driving Tour: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gV5kQmWv1c
#Detroit #MotorCity #DetroitTourism
MUSIC from EPIDEMIC SOUND: